Somerset LA will support schools and settings through the moderation process in 2017 to 2018. We aim to provide a reliable, valid and accurate assessment for EYFSP Moderation and data in 2018.
The course has been arranged for teachers experienced in the EYFS/EYFSP.
Please note that ALL practitioners must have attended the NEW to EYFS/EYFSP course prior to attending an experienced training session. This one day course will support practitioners:
This training is highly recommended so that EYFS practitioners are fully informed of the statutory requirements for the EYFS Profile in 2017 to 2018.
- To know the yearly updates from the Standards and Testing Agency (STA)
- To know the moderation dates for 2017 to 2018 such as, EYFSP cluster meetings
- To develop further expertise in elements of Physical Development particularly in Fine Motor skills
- To develop further expertise in elements of Understanding the World and Creative development
- To have the opportunity to network with other practitioners in the ‘same boat’
The aim of Somerset LA is to provide a supportive process over the course of the academic year so that all schools and settings know and understand the statutory responsibilities as cascaded yearly to the LA by the Standards and Testing Agency (STA) and how the LA plan to carry out the statutory requirements.
Schools can either become a member of the Somerset process for a £50 membership fee or access events at full cost as non-members, please visit the following link to see details of the membership package: http://www.supportservicesforeducation.co.uk/Services/3110 Membership includes free access to all training events and clusters for first staff members and at a reduced price to additional staff members (unless otherwise stated).
The course has been arranged for teachers who are experienced in the EYFS/EYFSP.